September 25, 2004

River . . . flowing

From Baghdad Burning - http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/2004_09_01_riverbendblog_archive.html#10960242

1527384036   . . .

I was

channel-surfing yesterday evening- trying to find something interesting to watch. I

flipped vaguely to Al-Arabia and Bush's inane smile suddenly flashed across the screen.

Now, normally, as soon as I see his face, I instantly change channels and try to find

something that doesn't make me quite as angry. This time, I stopped to watch as Allawi's

pudgy person came into view. It's always quite a scene- Bush with one of the alledged

leaders of the New Iraq.

I prepared myself for several minutes of nausea as

Bush began speaking. He irritates me like no one else can. Imagine long nails across a

chalk board, Styrofoam being rubbed in hands, shrieking babies, barking dogs, grinding

teeth, dripping faucets, honking horns – all together, all at once – and you will

imagine the impact his voice has on my ears . . .


. . . . . . .

. . . . . . .
Be at peace